Thursday, September 29, 2011

doing something I call ART

weeww...been a while not updating this blog.
hehe..must admit that within this 2 months, I had been making real scrap
from my leftover stash in my desk.

I fall in love with Art Journaling since 2009, but must admit in these 2 years,
I've been distracted to many interests like making mini albums, creating project
for my private class, was being on the scrapbook class too (which I was just doing
 the empty album without filling one single photo  (sigh) ,
 doing my daily packaging business, running an online store, 
 hehe.., and the oh so many browsing through  Facebook, 
searching for online store who sell scrapbooking supplies. *grin

And for now I realize, that now I'm officially become a  "scrapbook shopaholic".
oh my..
I realized that I have too many of papers, embellishment, charms, that I just COLLECT
and not making any of my collections becoming something artfully for myself.

and these 2 months, I call myself back to where my first love of scrapbooking was.
that is ART JOURNALING and everything related to it.
having fun playing with mediums, ooooh it is soo relaxing for me!

here's what lately I've been making.

my very first ATC, hosted by my crafter friend Dwita Siregar, for swapping.
the theme was FRIENDSHIP

this time I play with distress ink, trying new technique call RESIST, 
maximizing my stamp collections too, 
and looking to my leftover DMC floss 
just make me grab my needle and playing with it.
FUN. TOTALLY FUN!
and now I'm waiting patiently to other participant ATC's 
from Mr. Postman. hehe

and now, I signed up to my scrapper friend Claudine Patricia's class,
who have been running Art Journaling class at Tobucil, Bandung
I really excited for this class, since as a medium maniac,
I can share with others who have same hobby.
so relax since I can create something for myself only.

this is my part of Altered Tin, 
the theme is "It's all about Me"

the idea was just I want to put somekind like vignette photo,
I cut myself my handrawn silhoutte of a lady (in this case is Me),
altered with glimmer mist, acrylic paint, leftover embellishment,
and just let my heart  rules my hand after that.


and then, something accrossed my mind when I was applying glossy accent to the silhoutte.
hey..why not playing with masking while the glossy accent had not been fully dried.
so I attach my swirl masking to the hair section, and realized I was having fun making some 
texture to the hair. and then alcohol ink, I think I just want to coloring the hair, so the texture 
will be more pop up.
something happened! I poured too much of alcohol ink. *sigh
but not my nature if I can't fix it. hehehe
so I make this lady a hat, and giving her 3 petal of roses. 
heeey..she's more stylish now, don't you think? hehehe

here's the final result of the cover 

well, that's all for today.
I will coming back with details tomorrow.

thanks for stopping by, 
Isur











2 comments: